BINCHO-TAN CHARCOAL / 3blsBIN-8 BIN-8
- Price may change without any notice.
- Please be advised that shipping carrier is subject to change without notice.
These bundles go into a special kiln.
Binchotan Charcoal is nearly 100% carbon. Called White Charcoal due to the white ash residue, the name ‘Binchotan’
- Binchotan burns cleanly with a high steady heat
- Due to far-infrared rays produced by the charcoal, foods are quickly sealed enhancing the natural flavours of the food.
- Binchotan is a highly dense charcoal and burns for a very long time (2-3 hours)
- Binchotan can be more difficult to ignite than lump charcoal and briquettes but this is a minor inconvenience compared to the flavor it imparts.
Tips for using binchotan
Make a direct heat area and indirect heat area.
Direct heat grilling
If you pile layers of charcoal it will get hotter than a single layer area. You can control heat using this way to prevent food from burning.
Indirect heat grilling
You can try indirect heat grilling with chicken with bone, and slabs of ribs etc. Foods with glazes, marinades, and sugary sauces are best suited using this method.
Binchotan gives a great heat for 1-2 hours (burns for 3-4 hours) using a fan to blow the air to make the binchotan hotter.(as needed)
Different between black charcoal and binchotan charcoal.
Black charcoal is soft, ignites easily and burns hot.
Binchotan charcoal is hard, takes longer time to ignites. (30-40min) which means it's dense. Probably Lighting the binchotan proved more difficult than You’d been led to believe. But you will think it’s worth to do this effort after you taste your food.
Keep it moist
The binchoan charcoal that produces virtually no flames and no smoke and burns hotter. It’s CHEMICAL FREE.
The meat is moist because of the charcoal releases FIR(Far infrared rays), a wisp of binchotan perfume clinging to it. The aroma was not too smoky taste, but you can taste it enough and spread the aroma inside your mouth.
“It’s the binchotan that makes your grll] special and makes it unique and gives it its unique flavor.”
How to light binchotan charcoal
Place charcoal in a charcoal chimney or an old pot with holes in the bottom, directly over a naked flame (Example: side wok burner on your gas barbeque, or a cast iron gas ring from the hardware store, or open flame on your barbeque if high enough output) for about 30-40min.
Once the binchotan began to turn crimson and become ash color It is ready to cook.
How to extinguish a Binchotan
- Put the fire extinguishing pot on a base and open the lid.
- Carefully remove the charcoal from the grill (konro) using tongs and put the charcoal into the fire extinguishing pot one piece at a time.
- After all the charcoal has been put inside of the extinguishing pot, close the lid.
Never use water to extinguish a binchotan it will explore.
* Bucket not include
Click for Accessory
Produced in Vietnam