JAPANESE MORTAR/SURIBACHI (Pestle is not included)MOR-S MOR-S
- Price may change without any notice.
- Please be advised that shipping carrier is subject to change without notice.
【The characteristics of a Suri- Bachi】
- A Suri-Bachi is an earthenware mortar with vertical grooves.
- It is used in Japanese cooking to crush and grind different ingredients to make pastes and powders. Typically, this is done with a pestle.
- Unlike the food processor, the Suri-Batchi does not generate heat, and thus really draws out the smell & flavor of the ingredients. It also allows one to finely adjust the ingredients’ consistency as well.
- The use of a wooden pestle increases the mortar’s longevity.